With the summer holidays about the start, and the sun beginning to shine, it is...
Wyke Regis and Lanehouse Surgery are looking for a 4 – 8 session salaried GP who would like to become part of our amazing and hardworking MDT team.
We are taking positive steps to share the workload by delegating access appointments to a duty team. We are developing teams to support patient continuity according to delegated GP lists.
“Continuity” teams will include a secretary, care coordinator and advanced nurse practitioner trained in proactive care and visits. GP’s will work as buddy for each other within the team to ensure peer support, cross cover and reduce the risk of clinical burnout.
We would like GPs to take a small share of the duty commitment but believe in staff working to their strengths and are open to negotiation in this respect.
We encourage GP portfolio working and current opportunities include:
- Dorset GP fellowship is available for first five GPS https://www.england.nhs.uk/gp/the-best-place-to-work/gp-fellowship-programme/
- Support to become a GP trainer or GP mentor at the practice
- GP leadership programme opportunity if you are considering becoming a partner
- Opportunity to specialise in Minor ops, vasectomy or IUCD clinics
- GPWSI in an area of clinical interest where there is mutual benefit for the population.
The practice serves a population of 15,500 in the West of Weymouth over 3 sites. The practice has 2 partners and 6 salaried GPS, 1 paramedic practitioner, 5 ANPS, a full nursing team and admin support and make full use of the PCN ARRS roles. We utilise the following PCN services:
- Community in House Therapist and Pharmacy Teams
- Care Home Patients are looked after by the Weymouth Elderly Care Team, as are some frail housebound patients.
- Weymouth Integrated Frailty Hub supports acute social need
- An acute Frail and Elderly Visiting Hub that supports most visit requests coming into the practice.
Weymouth offers a fantastic quality of life for you and your family. It is sited in an area of Outstanding natural beauty. Weymouth has a beautiful old harbour steeped in history with a vibrant café and restaurant culture. The practice is up the road form the famous Chesil Beach and on a good day you can see over to the iconic Durdle Door. Weymouth beaches are sandy and the waters shallow making then the ideal playgrounds for young children. The National Water sports centre home of the 2012 London Olympics is also just sown the road as the conditions are perfect for sailing, kite surfing and wind surfing. Hiking, cycling, sea swimming and triathlon are also popular local sports.
Please contact Ann Klust practice manager at email@example.com for informal enquiries and to arrange a visit or telephone call.