With the summer holidays about the start, and the sun beginning to shine, it is...
Are you an autonomous Clinical Practitioner feeling isolated, working alone, without direct, face to face supervision? Let us help you change all that! Come and be part of our friendly supportive practice team!
Due to relocation we have an exciting opportunity for an Advanced Nurse Practitioner with a prescribing qualification to join our busy and supportive clinical team here at St Augustine’s Medical Practice Keynsham near Bristol and our branch site in Saltford.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within Primary Care in an ANP role and will be able to work autonomously seeing patients alongside the wider MDT.
Candidates will need to be willing to take on leadership roles in clinical areas within the Practice including cyclical audits and quality improvement.
The role is up to 34hrs over four days, to include Mondays and Fridays. The successful applicant will benefit from opportunities for further training and development are encouraged and supported.
- Facilitated peer to peer supervision sessions
- Working within a friendly and supportive clinical team with excellent admin support
- TPP System One Practice with Ardens Templates
Main duties of the job
- Assess, diagnose, implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for patients presenting with an undifferentiated diagnosis or complex needs.
- Clinically examine and assess patient needs from a physiological and psychological perspective, and plan clinical care
- Assess, diagnose and manage minor illness, acute and chronic conditions, integrating non-medical prescribing, non-pharmacological and multi-disciplinary resources
- Work with patients to support compliance with and adherence to prescribed treatments.
- Work autonomously to provide a mix of face to face and telephone appointments
- Prescribe and review medication for therapeutic effectiveness, appropriate to patient needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice and national and practice protocols, and within scope of practice
- Review Long Term Conditions, including shared decisions for an agreed management plan, and optimising medication
- Provide advice, assessment and treatment plans health and well-being.
- Assist the Lead Nurse to provide leadership and management of the Nursing Team including quality governance, and learning.
- Provide support to the Duty Doctor where required, for effective and timely management of on the day telephone calls.
- Establish working relationships with Primary Care Teams and MDT’s.
Our friendly nursing team is part of our diverse and changing workforce, which consists of GPs, first contact physiotherapists, physicians associates, pharmacists, health care assistants, and other health professionals.
St Augustine’s Medical Practice is based in the new Chocolate Quarter development in Keynsham, which is an easy commute from Bath / Bristol and surrounding areas. There is an on-site gym/spa facility at a discounted rate for NHS staff and free parking. with a small branch surgery in nearby Saltford.
We are part of the Keynsham Primary Care Network (PCN) which includes Temple House and West View. Working together allows us to take on bigger projects that we couldn’t do alone, share good practice and improve care for patients. Purpose built modern spacious premises, easily commutable from Bath/Bristol.
We have regular clinical and non-clinical team meetings to manage and continually improve our patient care. We are passionate about training the next generation of workforce and for many years we have been a teaching practice.