Advanced Nurse Practitioner – The Medical
The Medical is a fast-growing, award-winning business offering convenient, high quality healthcare to its customers. We are currently looking for an Advance Nurse Practitioner to join the team in our multidisciplinary clinic based in central Bristol This is an exciting opportunity to work in an established private medical practice alongside a small team and under the guidance of an experienced Medical Director. This post will allow a degree of autonomous practice and the scope to develop interests.
The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude and a desire to develop the nursing care provision within The Medical and create new opportunities to grow the business through establishing chronic disease management clinics. You will be an experienced nurse who hold an appropriate, specific, advanced professional qualification which meets NMC requirements for high-level practice. We welcome applications from nurses who are not a prescriber yet but who hold experience at equivalent level at band 6/7 in the NHS.
Your role will include but is not exclusive to:
- Assess/examine patients, diagnose, plan, treat and review/evaluate. Assessment may be face-to-face by appointment, digital appointment or by telephone as part of a triage/unscheduled care team and will include patients presenting with an undifferentiated diagnosis.
- Diagnose and manage patients presenting with both acute and chronic conditions based on a management plan which includes a medication plan and other interventions.
- Make professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation
- Prescribe in accordance with the Centre prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this is clinically appropriate and engage with the medicine’s management strategy for the clinic.
- Provide mentorship and supervision to other members of the centre team
- Planned start date – 2nd January 2021
- Full-time but part-time hours may be considered, flexible working shifts
- Salary: £39 – £45k per year (pro-rata) depending upon skills and experience
- The primary base will be Bristol Temple Quay but there is a possibility of working in other locations in the future
- Parking costs will be covered on working days
- Indemnity insurance will be covered by the company
Please contact us for a for full job description.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org