Band 2 / 3 Healthcare Assistant -The Medical
The Medical is a fast-growing, award-winning business offering convenient, high quality healthcare to its customers. We are currently looking for a Healthcare Assistant to join the team in our multidisciplinary clinic based in central Bristol This is an exciting opportunity to work in an established private medical practice alongside a small team and under the guidance of an experienced Medical Director.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, highly motivated, and willing to become involved in our team continuing to move our services forward. You will have NVQ level 3 or equivalent experience.
Your role will include but is not exclusive to:
- On a daily basis assist qualified staff in the provision of care as detailed in individual care plans, undertake tasks that facilitate the smooth running of the clinic as directed by qualified staff. Assessment may be face-to-face by appointment, digital appointment or by telephone. This may include periods without direct supervision.
- Undertake health screening and measurements, including blood pressure; weight, height and body mass index; urinalysis; pulse rate and rhythm; ECG; glucose tolerance test; and peak flow readings.
- Provision of a phlebotomy (blood-taking) service as requested by a registered practitioner ensuring test samples are appropriately labelled and packaged for transportation to the lab.
- Carrying out patient health checks, including health screening and measurements, and recording previous medical history, family history and current medications.
- Undertaking wound care.
- Planned start date – 2nd January 2021
- Full-time or part-time hours may be considered, flexible working shifts
- Salary: £19 – £21.5k per year (pro-rata) depending upon skills and experience
- The primary base will be Bristol Temple Quay but there is a possibility of working in other locations in the future
- Parking costs will be covered on working days
- Indemnity insurance will be covered by the company
Please contact us for a for full job description.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com