Wound and Leg Ulcer Management for HCAs - Intro
Jump to venue info
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Friday 22nd February 2019
Who Should Attend?
This session is aimed at HCAs who are beginners in wound management and have very limited experience of dealing with wounds and leg ulcers. The facilitators run the workshop at a slow pace to help new staff understand the key elements of assessment.
This training is presented as an introduction to the assessment and management of wounds and leg ulcer management for HCAs that are new to wound and leg ulcer care. It explores different wounds and tissue types and appropriate dressing choices. It explains how to monitor a wound progress and how to identify any problems.
The leg ulcer management part of the day will cover assessment of ulceration on the lower limb, essential skin care and treatment options. Time will be set aside at the end of the session for questions and answers relating to leg ulcer management. Learning outcomes include:
- Able to complete all aspects of a basic wound assessment
- Accurately evaluate and monitor wound progress
- Understand the basic wound dressing groups and their appropriate use
- Recognise signs and symptoms of venous and arterial leg ulceration
- Understand the benefits of essential skin care in leg ulcer management
- Able to discuss the best practice in leg ulcer treatment.
Max Participants: 0
Registration is currently closed.