Dealing Challenging People
Jump to venue info
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday 8th January 2019
Who Should Attend?
This workshop aims to support anyone who has to deal with challenging people in their Practice/place of work –patients or colleagues. The workshop explores the skills required to understand and manage difficult behaviour whilst maintaining self esteem in a win/win situation.
We will cover the following topics and the day will conclude with a supported Action Planning session.
Sessions will be interactive, practical and fun.
Standing your ground and being assertive
- What is assertiveness?
- How to be assertive
- What stops us from being assertive?
- Case Studies on being Assertive
Tools and models to help you give feedback
- Influencing process – the key stages
- Influencing line – fun exercise
- Power words
- What makes people say yes?
Why are people challenging
- Explore what drives this behaviour
- What is the effect on you and others?
- Techniques to defuse aggressive behaviour
- Managing criticism assertively
- Hints and tips
Being confident in meetings
- Think yourself confident
- Planning what to say
- Help with what to say
- Case Study cards
Self awareness – how do I come across?
- Strengths and areas to work on?
- Co coaching
Max Participants: 0
Registration is currently closed.