LEAD PRACTICE NURSE – Birchwood Medical Practice
LEAD PRACTICE NURSE – 30-37.5 hrs
Salary: £17-19.00/hr (£33-37K pa pro rata) depending on skills/experience
Our small, but expanding, family practice in Brislington with a reputation for delivering a great patient experience is looking for a Lead Practice Nurse to develop our growing team.
We have 7 GPs, 3 fabulous practice nurses and a highly skilled HCA in our clinical team. We are based in a health centre where you will gain wider experience from the other healthcare teams based in the building. We are also part of a well-established Primary Care Network with 4 other practices.
What does the right applicant look like for us?
You will have passion for improving the quality of care for patients who attend the practice and also a real team player attitude amongst your colleagues. You will have a current NMC registration, Nursing Degree or Nurse Qualification essential. Experience of working within a GP surgery managing chronic disease with a flexible approach to working is essential.
As the Lead Nurse, you will be responsible for confidently and competently managing and leading the nursing team in order for them to provide and assist in quality care provided to patients which will include treatment, preventative care, screening and patient education.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all aspects of Nursing Team Management
• The ability to independently take a patient history, differential diagnosis and treatment. As well as request diagnostics, interpret results and referral to other clinicians/agencies when required
• Telephone triage / Minor Ailments (desirable but not essential)
• Competent at chronic disease management including diabetes, COPD, asthma, CHD
• Open attitude to extended hours working (we open at 7am daily!)
• Perform the administration and education of all types of Immunisations including travel, seasonal vaccinations, childhood
• Confident in performing General nursing duties e.g. simple and complex dressings (inc compression), ear syringing, ECGs, Spirometry, Cervical Smear
• Able to provide health education advice around diet/smoking/lifestyle/sexual health
• GLP1 / Insulin initiation (desirable but not essential)
• Oversee team members ensure the maintenance of equipment and stock levels relating to patient care.
• Follow and ensure the nursing team follows appropriate training, undertake the collection, storage and despatch of pathological specimens including intravenous blood samples, swabs, smears etc and ensure the cleanliness of any equipment so used. Perform investigatory procedures requested by other clinicians.
• Take an active role in the administrative and professional responsibilities of the practice
• Coil/Implants fitting and removals (desirable but not essential)
• Ensure accurate completion of all necessary documentation associated with patient health care and registration with the company, ensure regular audits and evidence.
• Develop and assist in the formulation of company philosophy, strategy and policy and develop appropriate protocols as appropriate.
• The post-holder will implement and lead on a full range of promotion and management their own and others’ health and safety and infection control as defined in the company Health & Safety policy, the company Health & Safety manual, and the company Infection Control policy and published procedures.
• Support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues
• Accountable to own professional development and performance and act as a role model to others
This list is not exhaustive and it may be necessary to undertake work as may be required by the Practice to maintain a high standard and efficient service for our patients
• RGN with current NMC PIN
• Prior experience in primary nursing
• Clinical Supervision and Training/Management experience
• Accountability for own role and other roles in a nurse-led service
• Knowledge of the local and national health policy and the wider health economy
• Knowledge of Clinical governance issues in Primary Care
• Experience in resource/medicine management
• Management of patients with long-term conditions and complex needs
• Excellent clinical examination skills
• Effective communication skills
Closing Date: 15th December unless sufficient applications received earlier. email@example.com
Interviews will be held during Dec/Jan
Start Date : TBA