Medical Administrator – Streamside Surgery
Streamside Surgery (Within Thornbury health Centre) is looking to appoint a ‘Medical administrator’ to join our friendly team. We are looking for an enthusiastic & motivated individual who should be confident, caring and enjoy working with the public. Applicants should have excellent organisation and communication skills as well as proven IT skills. Previous experience is an advantage but not essential.
We are offering 25 Hours per week over 4 days set shifts are as below (once fully trained) –
Monday – 12.45 – 6pm
Tuesday – 8.30 – 4.30pm
Wednesday – Day off
Thursday – 12.45 – 6pm
Friday – 8.30 – 3pm
Applicants will be required to cover sick leave and annual leave when necessary.
The daily role will include (but is not limited to):
- Code clinical information from documents and apply on to patient records
- Appropriate action to be taken on clinical documents
- Deal with all incoming mail
- Raising referrals
- Dealing with patient enquiries regarding referrals
- Contacting patients and hospitals regarding referrals
- Using the practice software
- Providing support to Doctors
- Working to timescales
- Decision making skills
Please find an application form on the website www.streamsidesurgery.nhs.uk
*Please note we reserve the right to close the advert early, should the right applicant apply.