Data Protection Officer
Do you need a Data Protection Officer (DPO) for your surgery?
Under GDPR legislation you must appoint a DPO you are a public authority or body. Your DPO should be independent from your organisation. If you are considering an external appointment to cover the role, we can help. We already manage the DPO service for a number of surgeries across the BNSSG area.
What can the DPO service do for you?
We offer a competitive service tailored to your requirements. The DPO is primarily concerned with:
- Ensuring compliance to good data protection
- Day-to-day support and advice
- Assistance with policies and guidance material
- Support with data flow audits, data protection impact assessments, and data sharing contracts
- Delivering IG training for staff
- Support and advice for the new “Data Protection and Security Toolkit”
- Incident Management support, including incident scoring, mitigation advice, and liaison with the ICO where necessary
GDPR & Data Protection 2019/20 Awareness Training
Staff awareness of Data Protection is vital to protect patient data and to mitigate any risks to the practice. All staff have a responsibility for the data they are processing and awareness of why plays a vital role.
As a member of the DPO service, if you feel your staff could do with a classroom based refresher or if you have any new staff to the practice that could benefit, please do not hesitate to give Kelly a call to book in for a training session. She is also offering a session on ‘rights of access’ requests as these are always tricky areas for concern. If any of these sessions interest you please contact Kelly to book a session on 0117 4038452 or email@example.com