Data Protection Officer
Do you need a Data Protection Officer (DPO) for your surgery?
Under GDPR legislation you must appoint a DPO you are a public authority or body. Your DPO should be independent from your organisation. If you are considering an external appointment to cover the role, we can help. We already manage the DPO service for a number of surgeries across the BNSSG area.
What can the DPO service do for you?
We offer a competitive service tailored to your requirements. The DPO is primarily concerned with:
- Ensuring compliance to good data protection
- Day-to-day support and advice
- Assistance with policies and guidance material
- Support with data flow audits, data protection impact assessments, and data sharing contracts
- Delivering IG training for staff
- Support and advice for the new “Data Protection and Security Toolkit”
- Incident Management support, including incident scoring, mitigation advice, and liaison with the ICO where necessary