Data Protection Support
What can the DPO service do for you?
As a member of the DPO service you will have access to training/resources and regular updates and communications, policies and more (are you already a member? see button below to sign in)
Did you know?
We currently support around half of the practices within BNSSG.
Why do I need a DPO?
Under Data Protection legislation currently the DPA 2018 and the UKGDPR its mandatory to appoint a Data Protection Officer in the following three cases (GDPR Article 37(1) ):
- The controller or processor is a Public Authority or Body, or acting as one
- The core activities of the controller or the processor consist of processing operations, which require regular and systematic monitoring of data subjects on a large scale
- The core activities of the controller or the processor consist of processing on a large scale of special categories of data (i.e. highly sensitive, such as political affiliation or sexual preference) or personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences
The ICO recommends that your Data Protection Officer (DPO) should be independent from your organisation.
If you are considering an external appointment to cover the role, we can help support you.
Let us take the burden away from one of your staff members having to balance two roles in an already hectic environment!
We already manage the DPO service for many practices across the BNSSG area and we are currently expanding this offer of support other organisations within healthcare.
Please see below a short list of some of the important work we do, our service goes above and beyond to support you and your staff!
(Please note this is not an exhaustive list)
- Continued ongoing support with compliance to good data protection
- Day-to-day support and advice for your staff
- Assistance with policies and guidance material
- Support with Audits for Data Flow
- 1:1 Support with the DSPT Toolkit
- Delivering IG training for staff including Subject Access Request Training (SARs now known as Right of Access requests)
This can be Bespoke to suit your team or settings
- Incident Management support, including incident scoring, mitigation advice, and liaison with the ICO where necessary
- Support with Data Sharing Agreements and Data Protection Impact Assessments for any new processing activities or systems.
GDPR/Data Protection & IG Training
Staff awareness of responsibilities of the protection of patient data is vital to mitigate any risks within the practice.
We have seen even more pressure on the healthcare sector over the last few years predominantly due to the pandemic.
Let us help take the pressure off!
As a DPO I am here to support you and your staff every step of the way to ensure:
- Potential risks are mitigated.
- Data Breaches are dealt with effectively
- Ensure full data protection compliance
- Have someone you can come to directly whenever you need!
All practice staff have a responsibility for the data they are processing and their awareness of their key responsibilities day to day is imperative. As a member of the DPO service you will have access to training/resources and regular updates and communications.
Would you like to receive Training/regular updates and an awareness of what is happening day to day in this ever changing digital landscape? Awareness of patient data security is critical to ensure our patients feel their records are safe and you feel supported as a practice and in control.
I really appreciate the support from Kelly in all DPO mattersPractice Manager BNSSG
Let us help you to maintain control, and to ease the pressure, by offering you the support you and your staff need.
f a training session with our DPO is of interest to you, you can still book in for a session without signing up to our service, but please note this will be at an additional cost.
Want to know more?
Want to know more?
If you want to find out more? please contact me directly on Kelly@almc.co.uk 01179 7098446