Data Protection Support
Under GDPR legislation you must appoint a Data Protection Officer as its mandatory in the following three cases (GDPR Article 37(1) ):
- The controller or processor is a Public Authority or Body, or acting as one
- The core activities of the controller or the processor consist of processing operations, which require regular and systematic monitoring of data subjects on a large scale
- The core activities of the controller or the processor consist of processing on a large scale of special categories of data (i.e. highly sensitive, such as political affiliation or sexual preference) or personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences
The ICO recommends that your Data Protection Officer (DPO) should be independent from your organisation. If you are considering an external appointment to cover the role, we can help support you. Let us take the burden away from one of your staff members having to balance two roles in an already hectic environment!
We already manage the DPO service for many practices across the BNSSG area and we are currently expanding this offer of support to other organisations within healthcare.
What can the DPO service do for you?
We offer a service tailored to your requirements. The DPO is primarily concerned with:
- Continued ongoing support with compliance to good data protection
- Day-to-day support and advice for your staff
- Assistance with policies and guidance material
- Support with Audits for Data Flow
- Delivering IG training for staff including Subject Access Request Training (SARs now known as Right of Access requests)
Or this can be Bespoke to suit your teams or settings
- 1:1 Support and advice for the “Data Protection and Security Toolkit”
- Incident Management support, including incident scoring, mitigation advice, and liaison with the ICO where necessary
- Support with Data Sharing Agreements and Data Protection Impact Assessments for any new processing activities or systems.
- Your named DPO is available to support you whenever you need, via email, or by phone directly.
GDPR & Data Protection 2019/20 Awareness Training
Staff awareness of Data Protection is vital to protect patient data and to mitigate any risks to the practice. All staff have
Staff awareness of Data Protection is vital to protect patient data and to mitigate any risks to the practice, we have seen more and more pressure on the healthcare sector over the last two years due to the pandemic. Our team is here to support you and your staff every step of the way to help you to ensure potential risks are mitigated and work together on your compliance. All staff have a responsibility for the data they are processing and their awareness of their key responsibilities day to day plays a vital role. As a member of the DPO service all your training and you will have full access to resources and regular updates and communications, see button below to sign in.
Training is so important to keep the importance of patient data safety at the forefront. We will ensure all my training is engaging, relevant, up to date and relatable.
If a training session interests you, you can still book in for a session without signing up to our service but please note this will be at an additional cost.
Want to know more?
If you want to find out more? please contact us at Liam@almc.co.uk or 01179709 ext:8452/8446