The new tax year is often when HR changes are brought in and this year...
We would like to recruit a 4-6 session GP to replace one of our retiring doctors. Our practice list size has increased steadily over the past few years because of our good reputation and some new building in the area. We would like a GP partner to work with us in the long term but would also welcome a GP who did not want partnership commitment now.
· Stockwood is a great place to work. It has a real community feel in settled suburb
· Personal lists give continuity with your patients gives you time to provide great care to them, and job satisfaction for you
· Our patients come from a varied demographic. We have a compact practice area meaning only short distances to travel for visits
· Based in a purpose built modern building that’s serves about 10000 patients
· Stockwood is on the south east edge of Bristol so is within easy reach of both Bristol and Bath city centres and wonderful Somerset countryside
· The salaried GP contract follows the BMA model contract
· We have a stable team; most of us have been working here for years!
· Friendly reception and support staff with dedicated PA
· Personal list , high patient satisfaction and short waits for routine appointments
· 8 weeks annual holiday and study leave
The GP’s and wider team meet every morning. Newly qualified GPs who have joined us have been grateful for protected support time with a dedicated mentor. The GPs work closely with our close knit practice team, this includes regular team meetings and practice social events.
We would encourage any successful applicants to pursue any special interests and are hoping to increase the teaching we currently provide to students from Bristol University.
Our goals are to provide good clinical care to our community and enjoy our time at work.
We are flexible with start dates and have a vacancy from early summer 2021 although our retiring GP does not finish work until after that date. Please get in touch to have a chat.
To find out more about the role please contact Samantha Walpole, Practice Manager, Stockwood Medical Centre, Hollway Road, Stockwood, Bristol, BS14 8PT (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) Tel: 01275 894210 for further details or call Dr Andrew Taylor 07957595994. Informal visits to the Practice very welcome.