Any length of absence can be disruptive to employers, but there are particular extra considerations...
The closing date is 10 June 2021
Full/Part Time Salaried GPs – Four Elms Medical Centres would like to recruit 1-2 Salaried GPs for our innovative and sustainable practices; Four Elms Medical Centre based in Ringland Medical Practice based in Newport and Pengam Green, with a branch surgery in the CRI. The successful candidate will work alongside an established team of GPs and other allied health professionals. Travel between the Cardiff and Newport sites would be desirable but not compulsory. There is also the potential for Partnership status in the future if desired. Candidates can create a job that works for both them & us, as we aim to help people fit the job around their own lives. All forms of job share or term time working will be considered. If you would like to work with us you will find a supportive team who encourage innovative thinking, challenge the status quo and value personal development.
Main duties of the job
We are searching for an enthusiastic, hardworking, can-do individual. We want you to enjoy coming into work and to be fully engaged with us while we continue on our journey to introduce further innovation and to expand our business.
Because of our size and composition across two practices and two Health Boards there is always something for you to get involved in. It may be cluster work or chronic conditions or mentoring, really whatever you want to do which adds value to the practice will be considered.
We also operate a car lease scheme, have been involved in green initiatives such as e-bike purchases for employees and installed a gym for staff at our Pengam Green site.
We are currently in discussions with external stakeholders regarding wellbeing projects for our staff and patients and seeking ways in which we can be more environmentally friendly as an organisation by becoming involved in the Greener Practice Wales initiative.
Ringland Medical Practice Newport – Health Board owned medical centre relocating to a purpose built Health Centre in the near future. 8,500 patient list size.
Four Elms Medical Centre Cardiff – Two purpose built buildings offering comfortable working conditions. 14,000 patient list.
If you would like to work with us you will find a supportive team who encourage innovative thinking, challenge the status quo and value personal development. We want to develop individuals not just GPs.
We are also one of the very few GP partnerships in Wales who pay all of our staff the Real Living Wage.
Our Cardiff practice is also a GP training practice with two trainers and currently 3 registrars with a long term plan to become a training practice in Newport as well.
· In accordance with the Practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make him/her-self available to undertake a variety of duties including surgery consultations, telephone
consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork and correspondence in a timely fashion
· Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation
· Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems
· Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness
· In consultation with patients and in line with current Practice disease management protocols, developing care plans for health
· Providing counselling and health education
· Admitting or discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers as appropriate
· Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards
· Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions (avoiding hand-written prescriptions whenever possible)
· Prescribing in accordance with the Practice prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this is clinically appropriate
· The post-holder will be expected to cover On Call sessions as part of a rota
· Medical degree / qualifications.
· GMC registered.
· Welsh performers list inclusion.
· GP Trainer qualification.
· Disclosure and Barring Service Check
· GP training and experience.
· Evidence of learning from significant clinical events.
· Knowledge of EMIS Web.
· Willing to develop an interest in a specific disease area / chronic disease management.
Knowledge & Skills
· Excellent communication skills.
· Competent IT skills.
· Understanding of the pressures faced by GPs and healthcare teams.
· Understanding of QAIF.
· An interest in training & education.
· Demonstrable professional development.
· Demonstrate initiative, working without direct supervision.
· Can respond to a demanding environment.
· Multi-site working.
· Full driving license.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Tier 2/skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
From 6 April 2017, Tier 2/skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to the Business Manager, Mr Phillip Davies Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Business Manager would be pleased to discuss any aspects of this role either through email or through remote meeting, please feel free to contact him.