The new tax year is often when HR changes are brought in and this year...
An exciting opportunity to join two well-established Practices with a combined patient list of approximately 18,000. We serve a varied population of differing ages and socio-economic backgrounds. Sessions negotiable.
We are looking for an innovative, forward thinking GP to help us steer our organisation in order to serve our population effectively.
You will find yourself in a unique position, collaboratively working with a full complement of clinicians in our very own in-house MDT! This includes: a mental health nurse, mental health assistants, dietetics, social prescribing, MSK and pharmacy. This way of working both reduces GP workload but also improves outcomes for our patients.
This is a real opportunity to make a meaningful difference and lead in a variety of areas including: deprivation, substance misuse and frailty medicine.
Expect: no two days to feel the same, truly stimulating medicine on a daily basis and a sense of reward serving a population in need.
· Your workload will be shared amongst ANP colleagues and our paramedic who carries out visiting for our housebound patients.
· You will have the benefit of a clinician’s assistant who will assist you with liaising with the patients, ensure continuity and appropriate follow up.
· You will be given the option to work collaboratively in the patient triage room alongside other GP’s and members of the team.
· We use ‘askmyGP’, a digital consulting platform. This encourages autonomy of clinicians’ own time in using email, phone and video consulting and ultimately more time for those who require a face-to-face assessment.
· We benefit from a GP and nursing leadership team who oversee day-to-day issues of clinical concern
· Development of specialist interest is encouraged
· Competitive salary, annual leave and study leave offered.
About the location
· The practices are located in the seaside town of Weston-Super-Mare
· We are situated just over 4 miles from junction 21 on the M5, so the practices are easily-commutable from Bristol and Somerset.
· We are within walking distance of Weston-Super-Mare rail station, which is a half an hour commute from Bristol Temple Meads station
· We are a 30-minute drive from Clifton Suspension Bridge on the M5 motorway (in the opposite direction of traffic!), or 30 minutes from Ashton Gate Stadium on the A370.
Informal visits encouraged – please contact Dan Azimzadeh – Lead GP at Graham Road Surgery: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to submit your CV or express interest please contact Tracy Penwell – email@example.com