Wound Management - Masterclass
Jump to venue info
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesday 30th January 2019
Who Should Attend?
This study day is aimed at Nurses who already currently have some knowledge of wound care and should be familiar with the wound healing process and basic assessment of wounds. The nurses should also have been caring for patients with leg ulcers but feel their skills need to be updated.
This training is presented as a master class for nurses that already have some knowledge around assessment and management of wounds. It seeks to update Nurses on current issues and changes in practice and build on current knowledge in terms of assessment and decision making in the management of wounds. It explores cost effective and innovative dressings and the identification of indolent wounds, the causes and possible management strategies.
The leg ulcer management part of the day updates nurses on patient assessment who have been managing patients with leg ulcers. The use of a mini leg ulcer assessment in leg ulceration and compression hose application. Also covering unusual causes of ulceration. Time will be set aside for a question and answer session at the end of the workshop. Topics covered include:
- Undertake a comprehensive and advanced assessment of wounds
- Identify static wounds and factors that contribute to delayed healing
- Recognise bacterial burden and infection in wounds
- Have an up to date knowledge of wound care issues
- Assess patients confidently, using leg ulcer assessment care-pathway
- Identify unusual aetiologies
- Understand the importance of hosiery in reducing reoccurrence.
Max Participants: 0