Avon Local Medical Committee is a Data Controller of your information. This means we are responsible for collecting, handling, and storing your personal information when you use this site or our services. Your privacy is important to us. By providing personal information such as your name and e-mail address, you agree to us contacting you about the information you request therefore providing us with your consent for us to contact you (please see consent section below).
We understand how important it is to keep your personal information safe and secure and we take this very seriously. We have taken steps to make sure your personal information is looked after in the best possible way, and we review this regularly.
Please read this privacy notice (‘Privacy Notice’) carefully, as it contains important information about how we use the personal information we collect on your behalf
1. WHY WE ARE PROVIDING THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We are required to provide you with this Privacy Notice by Law. It explains how we use the personal information we collect, store, and hold about you. If you are unclear about how we process or use your personal information, or you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or any other issue regarding your personal information, then please do contact our Data Protection Officer (details below).
Data Protection Law states that as an organisation we must:
- Let you know why we collect your personal information about you.
- Let you know how we use any personal information we hold on you.
- Inform you in respect of what we do with your data.
- Tell you about who we share it with or pass it on to and why; and
- Let you know how long we can keep it for.
2. THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The data controller responsible for your information is ALMC
If you …
- have any questions about how your information is being held?
- require access to your information or if you wish to make a change to your information.
- wish to make a complaint about anything to do with the personal information, we hold about you.
- have any other query relating to this Policy and your rights.
If you do not think we are handling your Personal Information adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, are available at www.ico.org.uk .
3. ABOUT US
We, at Avon Local Medical Committee (‘the Company’) situated at 14a High Street, Staple Hill, Bristol, BS16 5HP, are a Data Controller of your information. This means we are responsible for collecting, storing, and handling your personal information when you utilise our services.
There may be times where we also process your information. That means we use it for a particular purpose and, therefore, on those occasions we may also be Data Processors. The purposes for which we use your information are set out in this Privacy Notice.
4. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
The information we collect from you will include:
- Practice contact details (such as your name and email addresses of those working in the Practice, including work address and work contact details).
- General identification and contact information: your name; email; IP address; telephone details
5. WHO WE MAY PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO, AND WHY
We may pass your personal information on to the following people or organisations because these organisations may require your information to assist them in the provision of our services to you. It, therefore, may be important for them to be able to access your information to ensure they may properly deliver their services to you:
- Training providers.
- The Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Occupational Health providers.
- Advisory services.
- Any other person that is involved in providing services offered by the LMC to its clients.
6. OTHER PEOPLE WHO WE PROVIDE YOUR INFORMATION TO
- NHS England.
- For the purposes of complying with the law e.g., Police, Solicitors, Insurance Companies.
- Anyone you have given your consent to, to view or receive your personal information, or part of your personal information. Please note, if you give another person or organisation consent to access your personal information, we will need to contact you to verify your consent before we release that personal information. It is important that you are clear and understand how much and what aspects of your personal information you give consent to be disclosed.
7. ANONYMISED INFORMATION
Sometimes we may provide information about you in an anonymised form. If we do so, then none of the information we provide to any other party will identify you as an individual and cannot be traced back to you.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
The Law gives you certain rights to your personal information that we hold, as set out below:
- Subject Access Requests: You have the right to see what information we hold about you and to request a copy of this information.
If you would like a copy of the information, we hold about you please email our Data Protection Officer. We will provide this information free of charge however, we may in some limited and exceptional circumstances have to make an administrative charge for any extra copies if the information requested is excessive, complex or repetitive.
We have one month to reply to you and give you the information that you require. We would ask, therefore, that any requests you make are in writing and it is made clear to us what and how much information you require.
- Correction: We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct any information you think is inaccurate. It is very important that you make sure you tell us if your contact details including your mobile phone number has changed.
- Removal: You have the right to ask for your information to be removed however, if we require this information to assist us in providing you with appropriate services, then removal may not be possible.
- Objection: We cannot share your information with anyone else for a purpose that is not directly related to the provision of our services. We would ask you for your consent to do this however, you have the right to request that your personal information is not shared by the Company in this way. Please note the Anonymised Information section in this Privacy Notice.
- Transfer: You have the right to request that your personal information is transferred, in an electronic form (or other form), to another organisation, but we will require your clear consent to be able to do this.
9. INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES
Sometimes we record information about third parties mentioned by you to us in order to provide our services. We are under an obligation to make sure we also protect that third party’s rights as an individual and to ensure that references to them which may breach their rights to confidentiality, are removed before we send any information to any other party including yourself.
10. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- When we need to speak to or contact other service providers in order to provide our services to you.
- When we are required by Law to hand over your information to any other organisation, such as the police, by court order, solicitors, or immigration enforcement.
We will never pass on your personal information to anyone else who does not need it, or has no right to it, unless you give us clear consent to do so.
11. LEGAL JUSTIFICATION FOR COLLECTING AND USING YOUR INFORMATION
The Law says we need a legal basis to handle your personal information.
LEGAL OBLIGATION: Sometimes the Law obliges us to provide your information to an organisation (see above).
CONTRACT: As part of the Health and Social Care Act 2012, we have a duty to provide professional services to our members and clients.
CONSENT: Sometimes we also rely on the fact that you give us consent to use your personal information so that we can take care of your needs.
*Please note that you have the right to withdraw consent at any time if you no longer wish to receive services from us.
12. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We carefully consider any personal information that we store about you, and we will not keep your information for longer than is necessary for the purposes as set out in this Privacy Notice.
13. IF ENGLISH IS NOT YOUR FIRST LANGUAGE
If English is not your first language you can request a translation of this Privacy Notice. Please contact our Data Protection Officer.
If you have a concern about the way we handle your personal data or have a complaint about what we are doing, or how we have used or handled your personal information, then please contact our Data Protection Officer. However, you have a right to raise any concern or complaint with the UK information regulator, at the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/ .
15. OUR WEBSITE
The only website this Privacy Notice applies to is the Company’s website. If you use a link to any other website from the Company’s website, then you will need to read their respective privacy notice. We take no responsibility (legal or otherwise) for the content of other websites.
We take the security of your information very seriously and we do everything we can to ensure that your information is always protected and secure. We regularly update our processes and systems, and we also ensure that our staff are properly trained. We also carry out assessments and audits of the information that we hold about you and make sure that if we provide any other services, we carry out proper assessments and security reviews.
18. CONTACTING YOU
Because we are obliged to protect any confidential information, we hold about you and we take this very seriously, it is imperative that you let us know immediately if you change any of your contact details.
We may contact you using your mobile phone or email address if we need to notify you about matters relating to the provision of our services, therefore you must ensure that we have your up-to-date details. This is to ensure we are sure we are contacting you and not another person.
19. WHERE TO FIND OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
You may find a copy of this Privacy Notice in the Company’s reception, on our website, or a copy may be provided on request.
20. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We regularly review and update our Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice was last updated 9th August 2021.