Prescription Meds Explained
Jump to venue info
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesday 9th January 2019
Who Should Attend?
For staff dealing with prescriptions on a regular basis and who would benefit from a great understanding of trade and generic names and the use of MIMS.
The Prescription Medicines Explained Course is designed to enable delegates to understand terminology related to prescription medicines and so carry out their roles in a more efficient and effective manner.
The objectives of the course are to enable delegates to be able to:
- explain the concept of trade and generic drug names;
- recognise classifications of medicines;
- identify routes of administration;
- state the meaning of prescription abbreviations;
- make more effective use of MIMS.
- What is drug?
- Brand and generic drugs
- Classification of medicines and the use of MIMS
- Relevant abbreviations
- Routes and administrations
- Understanding prescriptions
Max Participants: 0
Registration is currently closed.