HCA Foundation Programme
Jump to venue info
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Thursday 12th September 2019
Who Should Attend?
Health Care Assistants both new to practice or more experienced HCA’s who have not undertaken any formal training in the past.
The course content aligns with the job description of a Level 2 HCA in Primary Care and components of the Care Certificate standards 2015.
Reference base - RCN First Steps HCA Induction training 2015
• Actively participated and be able to demonstrate learning of the core components in clinical practice by completing competency sheets with their mentor.
• Start to develop a Portfolio for current and on-going learning, including reference to the Care Certificate, with identified personal learning needs, evidence of learning outcomes and personal reflection.
• Gain understanding of your role and responsibilities within the Health Care Professional Team and the NHS.
• Feel confident to access and work to practice policies / protocols / procedures and discuss with your mentor and line manager if necessary.
• Increase understanding of your individual professional responsibility with relation to ongoing learning and development.
On Day 3 participants should be prepared to discuss their reflections on their learning and the impact on their clinical practice.
Please note the dates of this 3 day foundation course are as follows:
Day 1 Thursday 12th September
Day 2 Thursday 19th September
Day 3 Monday 9th December.
Each attendee will need to bring an A4 folder to be used as a training and development planner, also a sphygmomanometer and stethoscope, cliniwipes, thermometer, urine test strips and gloves.
A registered nurse mentor must be assigned in the HCA‘s place of work. Mentors will be sent details of the training.
The name of the mentor needs to be added to the registration list.
Max Participants: 4