Prescription Meds Explained (non medical) Zoom
Jump to venue info
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday 12th October 2021
Who Should Attend
For non-clinical staff dealing with prescriptions on a regular basis and who would benefit from a greater understanding.
Aims and Objectives
The Prescription & Prescribing Explained course will help delegates to ensure that their role contributes to the safe, efficient and cost-effective running of the general practice prescribing process. A competence assessment framework will be provided to all course delegates to be used in their own practice setting after the course.
The objectives of the course are to enable delegates to be able to:
• understand how medicines are developed
• understand the terms generic, brand and branded generic and their use
• recognise the classification of medicines
• determine medicine and prescription terminology and abbreviations
• recognise legal aspects of prescribing
• identify the journey of a prescription
• understand the role of the CCG Medicines Management Team
• understand the role of the general practice prescription clerk/administrator and the responsibilities and limitations of the role.
• Drug development and naming of drugs
• Drug classifications
• Prescription Content
• Safety and Security of Prescriptions
• Cost of prescriptions
• Drug Wastage & Synchronisation of prescriptions
• Journey of a prescription
• The role of the prescription clerk
Max Participants: 3
Registration is currently closed.