Sessional GP Membership to Avon LMC
All GPs report that their workload has increased over the last few years and what is also clear is that general practice is barely coping with their daily workload as increasingly patients are becoming more demanding and challenging and there is no additional resource or capacity to assist. The wealth of knowledge, guidance and support that Avon LMC are able to impart to general practice has therefore become imperative in assisting practices on a daily basis. As a GP you will have surely evidenced this and can appreciate the support that general practice is needing to meet the ever changing climate of the NHS and patient demand.
We are pleased to advise that we are able to offer Sessional GPs an Annual Membership for just £65. The benefits of being a paid member include the following:
- Advice when you need it – ask the LMC when you don’t know who else to ask – we’re here to help.
- Advice and support with ethical queries.
- Support from our excellent website, which is updated with current need to know information for GPs on a regular basis
- Access to Safe House, which supports colleagues who may be in distress
- Contract checking if you decide to move into a different role.
- Advice about appraisal or revalidation.
Why join us?
The LMC is the only representative organisation mandated to represent and negotiate for GPs at a local level. We want to hear all the voices around the table.
What does the LMC do?
- Independent representatives of General Practice
- Promote quality and maintain standards of practice
- Represent to others – CCGs, Area Team and other organisations
- Resource – providing expert advice, training and support to all GPs
How do I access membership?
It is very simple to become a member, just complete the application form below and press send. This will provide us with your details and we will send you an email with our payment information to finalise the membership process.