With the summer holidays about the start, and the sun beginning to shine, it is...
The BNSSG Training hub is pleased to offer a monthly 1-1.5-hour online peer support group for those new to General Practice Nursing. This session will be limited to 4 places on a first come first serve basis however we would welcome an expression of interest as we endeavour to provide further sessions soon.
The initial session will be running on a Thursday afternoon, once a month, final date to be confirmed.
This session will be facilitated by a clinician with a special interest in the health and wellbeing of health professionals.
What is peer support?
Peer support is when people use their own experiences to help each other. There are different types of peer support, but they all aim to:
- Bring together people with shared experiences to support each other
- Provide a safe environment where you feel accepted and understood
- Treat everyone’s experiences as being equally important
- Involve both giving and receiving support
“It’s not always about getting or giving advice. It’s also about having a safe space to get things off our chest and occasionally sharing a laugh about it all!” (Mind, 2020)
The benefits include:
- Having the opportunity to reflect.
- Building resilience and improving wellbeing.
- Sharing your own experiences, bringing new ideas, best practice, and research.
- Making links with other professionals and having an opportunity to build supportive work networks
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.